Dear Artists, Friends, and Colleagues,
The current pandemic situation is a time like no other in our lives. We sincerely hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. We have all been seeing news reports after news reports, hearing heart-wrenching events after events that instilled us with fear and negativity. During these uncertain times, many of us wouldn’t have managed to tide through the lockdown due to the pandemic without music – and other forms of art – to give us comfort and console us down and pump our energies as and when we needed it the most. Making music that evokes this feeling requires talent, equipment, and a team with the technical know-how.
As businesses like ours in the country consider how to proceed with plans for partial and staggered reopening, we are feeling a deep sense of responsibility and perturbation.
At Madras Studio, we have worked relentlessly to ensure that we continue to work with you, and for you, adapting to the new normal. We have compiled a list of safety measures which be enforced smoothly with just a little cooperation from you.
- Always wear a mask. If any performance issues arise, then remove it in isolation or an otherwise empty studio. Vocals are limited in the control room if there are other people, including engineers and producers, in the control room.
- Sanitization takes place at regular intervals during the day. We recommend you evaluate the rooms and make necessary adjustments to ensure social distancing. In areas such as hallways where six feet of distance is not possible, stagger the use of the spaces to keep distance. Do not congregate in hallways or other compact areas.
- We send a copy of the COVID-19 related protocols to you in advance of your session and post it in various areas in the studio space as reminders.
- We recommend that your hands be washed with soap and water for at least 20 seconds upon arrival and frequently use sanitizers throughout the day. Also, limit touching the surfaces unnecessarily.
- We routinely clean and disinfect all frequently touched surfaces, such as workstations, countertops, handrails, and doorknobs. We have a designated staff person who is in charge of this. The cleaning schedule is informed, so all are aware.
- We also disinfect all surfaces after all sessions: consoles, workstations, gear, seating, restrooms, offices, door handles, push panels, and other areas.
- Tissues, paper towels, no-touch trash cans, and hand sanitizer (recommend at least 60% alcohol) are always available for use and replenished as and when they are over.
- We do not provide food or drink at the studio, and no runners for food are available until further notice. We request our clients to bring their water bottles (refillable at the studio) or other beverages and food. Meals may also be ordered by delivery using apps of their choice and should be pickup outside. Consider kitchens being “one in and one out” to maintain social distance.
- We shift staff and session schedules where possible to maximize social distancing.
We hope this information is helpful. We wish you and your loved ones good health, safety, and prosperity as we navigate this crisis. Knowledge about the COVID-19 pandemic is constantly evolving, and as always, we are grateful for any comments and suggestions. So please feel free to contact us. Be well, stay safe and enjoy the music.
We are doing all we can so that you can #MakeMusicWithConfidence.